Valuing Our People
Macmahon's strength is its people. It is through the success of our people that the Company continues to grow and do great things. Macmahon has a range of initiatives in place to help make sure our people are working in rewarding roles with real opportunities for growth.
Our strong, values based culture is a key part of looking after our people. The Company's five core values of Safety, Teamwork, Prosperity, Integrity and Environment form the basis of all aspects of our operations.
Macmahon offers its people the ability to work in diverse roles, in different locations and realise new opportunities within the Company over time. We are focused on ensuring our people can be involved in the future of the business and look for new opportunities for people to grow and develop.
At Macmahon, safety always comes first. The Company is committed to providing a safe working environment for each of its people at all times.
Macmahon is proud of its industry leading safety record, which is a direct result of its deeply embedded safety culture. Safety is a core value of Macmahon, with every employee called upon to look after themselves and those around them.
Our people are regularly consulted on safety and health issues to help identify areas of improvement and ensure the highest possible safety standards across our projects. Some of the ways this is achieved include:
- Setting measurable safety and health objectives and targets, including regular review to assess performance
- Identifying, evaluating and managing safety risks
- Compliance with relevant Occupational Safety and Health legislation, standards and codes of practice
- Encouraging each employee to take responsibility for their own health and safety and that of their fellow workers
- Promoting fitness for work requirements
- Providing inductions and training
Macmahon's award winning safety performance is a reflection of our commitment to providing the best possible working environment for every employee.
Macmahon values the diverse experiences, perspectives and backgrounds of our people and aims to create an open and inclusive work environment for all our employees. Macmahon is committed to creating a diverse workforce that reflects the communities in which it operates and encourages a range of approaches to overcoming challenges, solving problems, making decisions and realising opportunities.
Macmahon aims to provide fair and equal access for all employees by:
- Taking account of the diversity of the communities in which we operate as part of our employment practices
- Providing a supportive environment where employee differences are treated fairly and with respect and dignity
- Implementing measures that promote a work/life balance for our employees
- Contributing positively to the communities in which we operate
Gender diversity and the training and development of Indigenous people are two areas of focus for Macmahon. The Company sets measurable targets for female participation across the workforce and within senior management roles and these are reported on annually.