Climate Change Position Statement
- climate change is real and poses a threat to our environment;
- while the use of coal for energy production releases greenhouse gases that impact on the rate of climate change, the world’s energy needs mean that coal will continue to play a role for many decades to come, even as renewables grow in importance; and
- we have a responsibility to mine commodities for our clients as efficiently as possible, complying with all regulatory requirements, to reduce the environmental impact of this activity.
- seek continual improvements in energy efficiency across our business to reduce the carbon intensity of our operations and minimise the impact on the environment; and
- in line with coal’s ongoing role in the world’s energy mix and our objective of having a diversified business, seek to work across a range of commodities that are important for both traditional and renewable energy production.
|Climate Change Position Statement||Download|